Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy Samsung Infuse 4G Android Phone (AT&T)? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Samsung Infuse 4G Android Phone (AT&T). Check out the link below:
Samsung Infuse 4G Android Phone (AT&T) Review
I've never had a phone or PDA where I didn't have to sacrifice a lot to get something else. Not with this one. I am a Google addict. I use Google Docs, Tasks, Contacts, GMail, Calendar, etc. So of course this phone works perfectly with all of that and syncs well with my Galaxy Tab, Windows 7 PC and MacBook Air.Before this I had a Captivate running Froyo and wasn't sure if switching would be worth the cost, as I mainly have just wanted a bigger screen. I don't know why iPhone does so well at only 3.5". You can't read text on something that small. I could barely stand 4" Captivate. 4.5" seems to be the sweet spot. Especially since the phone is so thin and light. Perfect width for telephone conversation and surfing, typing.
The biggest surprise though is the battery life. I have never had a smartphone last a whole day and I do not talk much on them or play media. Just surfing, texting and updating calendar, tasks, etc usually drains the battery. On my Captivate I could go about 12 hours if I used a black background, turned off 3G, turned off WiFi except when needed, etc. But with the Infuse, I took it out of the box 1/2 charged Monday evening. Charged to full charge (takes up to 4 hours from 0%) and took it off the charger at 10:40pm. Tonight is Thursday and at 9:30pm it finally died! Nearly 3 whole days!! I used a 1/3 of each day with FaceBook Go Chat open on it, full color wallpaper, never turned off WiFi in the entire 3 days. Screen brightness has been on medium or Auto. Just normal use, nothing heavy and nothing to intentionally preserve battery. That in itself justified the cost.
But other perks have been how fast menus open and apps launch compared to some lags in Captivate. I put the Captivate and Infuse side by side expecting to see more text in Kindle app, web surfing, etc with the larger screen. It actually showed the same amount of text, but only larger which was nice. I guess I could reduce font and see more text, but I liked the larger text. The charger seems easier to insert than the Captivate.
Don't care if TouchWiz 3.0 vs 4.0. I install and launch apps easily. Who cares what they put out in Europe that could be crippled when it gets to us. I don't care if it's not running Gingerbread. Eventually I am sure it will, but if it never did. I wouldn't miss it. My Captivate had 2.1 for a long time, but eventually got Froyo. Be patient people. These O/S updates provide minor enhancements. I can do everything I need on this phone. If you are a task oriented, efficiency dependent person like I am, this phone is for you.
In summary. This is the best phone or PDA I have ever seen. I will keep this one until it dies (normally I keep a phone 6 - 10 months). I don't care what better specs come out down the road. Often specs are over-hyped or mean drained battery. I rarely review anything, but figured there were some Captivate owners on the fence out there like I was. So I hope this helps you make the decision.
Samsung Infuse 4G Android Phone (AT&T) Overview
Redefining the premium multimedia experience via the thinnest, biggest, and brightest smartphone yet from Samsung, the Infuse 4G connects to AT&T's ultra-fast 4G mobile broadband network and features a brilliant 4.5-inch screen with next-generation Super AMOLED Plus technology. Powered by a 1.2 GHz processor and the Android 2.2 platform, the Infuse 4G also comes pre-loaded with a version of Angry Birds with an exclusive hidden level plus a $25 credit to download movie content from Samsung Media Hub (available to the first 500,000 Infuse 4G units sold).
With AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network (learn more below). You also get the AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal (requires appropriate data plan).
The Infuse 4G includes an 8-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash that shoots HD 720p video with incredible detail, and a front facing camera is perfect for self portraits or video chat. With Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, you'll be able to connect to home and office networks using the latest technology for super speedy downloads.
Other features include GPS for navigation and location-based services, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 16 GB internal memory, an included 2 GB microSD memory card, wide compatibility with music and video files, HTML web browser with support for Adobe Flash, access to personal and corporate e-mail, HDMI connectivity (via microUSB port), and up to 8.8 hours of talk time.
Mobile Entertainment
Samsung's Media Hub enables you to rent or purchase movies and TV shows within seconds watch from the convenience of anywhere. With Media Hub's progressive downloading feature, you can start watching your content almost immediately as the rest of the file downloads to the Infuse 4G. Plus, all Media Hub content can be shared among five Media Hub-enabled devices on the same account. And the first 500,000 Infuse 4G units sold will include a $25 voucher for consumers to get started on downloading content from Media Hub.
In collaboration with Rovio, the Infuse 4G is pre-loaded with a special edition of Angry Birds. Players can unlock a special "Golden Egg" level of the game, and once the special level is completed, you can register to win Samsung prizes exclusive to Infuse 4G users.
The Infuse 4G is also compatible with the U-verse Mobile and U-verse Live TV services (additional charges applicable). Additionally, the included 2 GB microSD card with preloaded trailers for upcoming summer movies.
Get Social
Keep tabs on the people that matter most in your life with AT&T's JustUs app for Android. The app combines both social media and text activity from five favorite contacts into an animated wallpaper that appear right on your home screen (see example). You'll see messages, photos and updates from your friends' Facebook and Twitter feeds. You can download the app for free via the Android Market.
Vital Statistics
The Samsung Infuse 4G weighs 4.9 ounces and measures 5.15 x 2.77 x 0.36 inches. Its 1750 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8.8 hours of talk time, and up to 400 hours (16+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 4G network (850/1900/2100 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS).
What's in the Box
Infuse 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, wired stereo headset, USB cable, MHL adapter for HDMI output, quick start guide
Android Operating System
The Infuse 4G runs the latest Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the Infuse 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The Infuse 4G also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Swype Keyboard
An alternative to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard allows you to input text by swiping the finger with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed and accuracy are equal to or better than the traditional keyboard-tapping method. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to appear, click Input Method, and then select Swype.
In the image to the right, the word "quick" was generated from tracing the path shown above in a fraction of a second, by roughly aiming to pass through the letters of the word. A key advantage to Swype is that there is no need to be very accurate, enabling very rapid text entry.
AT&T 4G Network
This phone runs on AT&T's dual-band 850/1900 MHz 4G network (UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+), and with HSPA+ you'll experience mobile data speeds up to 4x faster than ordinary mobile broadband--up to approximately 6 Mbps (download). AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber).
Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
Coming later in 2011, AT&T will deliver a second layer of 4G network called LTE (Long Term Evolution) that is even faster than HSPA+ speeds.
In areas where either AT&T's 3G or 4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
Note: AT&T's 4G mobile broadband coverage is not available in all areas. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul; availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment.
Also Available for this Android Device
Want to learn more information about Samsung Infuse 4G Android Phone (AT&T)?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now